Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chili Con Queso Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 4 Hours
- Total time 4 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 10
- 500g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 700g (1.5 lb) cream cheese
- 425g (1 lb) salsa, medium heat
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno peppers, diced
- In a frypan over high heat, add the ground beef, onion, garlic, and chili powder.
- Cook until the ground beef is browned. Drain and transfer to a slow cooker.
- In the slow cooker, add the cream cheese, salsa, and jalapeno peppers.
- Cook on low for 4 hours and stir every 30 minutes for the best results.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can swap the ground beef, onion, and garlic for some leftover chili. If it is a super saucy chili, you might want to adjust the amount of salsa you add.
- For the best results, I highly recommend that you brown the beef as it will help reduce the amount of oily liquid in your dip.
- As I mentioned earlier, you can keep this dip warm in the slow cooker. This trick makes it great for parties or for when you will be eating over a long period.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!