Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves: 4-6
- 500 g (1.1 lb) chicken thighs, cubed
- 800 g (1.8 lb) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- In a frying pan, add the oil, onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander seeds, turmeric, paprika, garam masala, tomato paste, and cook until fragrant.
- Transfer the spice mix into the slow cooker. Also, add the chicken and diced tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Lastly, add the heavy cream to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can skip the preparation of the curry paste in the frypan, but the flavors will not be as intense. This will make it a lot easier to quickly get it prepared and into the slow cooker.
- If the curry is a bit too runny for your liking, make sure you thicken it with some cornstarch. Make sure you mix the cornstarch with a little bit of water before adding it to the curry. You should find two tablespoons of cornstarch is more than enough.
- Feel free to replace the chicken thigh meat with chicken breast. Both types will work well for this chicken tikka masala.
- Switch the slow cooker to high if you need to cook this curry faster. It should be ready to eat in half the amount of time, so three to four hours.
- Heavy cream is also known as thickened cream in Australia or whipping cream in the United Kingdom.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!