Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves: 6-8
- 500 g (1.1 lb) chicken thigh, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 50 g (1.8 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, onion, garlic, mushrooms, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and the chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Lastly, combine the sour cream and cornstarch. Once combined, stir into the stroganoff sauce.
- Cook on high for a further 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Chicken breasts can be used instead of chicken thighs. Both will work fine, it just comes down to personal preference.
- You can reduce the cooking time by half by turning the slow cooker to the high setting. However, I recommend cooking on the low setting if possible.
- Cooking the pasta in the slow cooker will require you not to add the cornstarch. The starch from the pasta will thicken the sauce up more than enough.
- You can add some green vegetables if you wish to do so, just make sure this is done towards the end of cooking since most greens will only need fifteen to thirty minutes of cooking.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!