Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Soup Recipe
- Prep time15 Minutes
- Cook time:8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chicken pieces
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 tsp, garlic, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 2l (2 qt) chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker except for the parsley.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Skim the foam and fat off the top of the liquid. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Remove the chicken and shred using two forks. Add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Season to taste.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The leek can be swapped with two diced onions.
- You can whatever cut of chicken that you prefer. I made use of chicken thigh, but something like chicken drumsticks will work great. Just make sure you shred the meat off the chicken drumstick and discard of any fat, bone and cartilage.
- There are plenty more types of vegetable that you can add to this recipe. For example, zucchini or bell peppers will make an excellent addition. I would add these in the last hour of cooking.
- Feel free to use leftover roast chicken in this recipe. Keep in mind if it’s marinated then the soup will take on some of the flavors from that.
- You can cook this on high for 3-4 hours if you need the soup faster.
- This soup is perfect if you're on either a gluten-free diet or a Paleo diet.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!