Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 7 Hours
- Total time: 7 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken thigh, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 50 ml (1.7 fl oz) white wine
- 300 ml (10.1 fl oz) chicken stock
- 150 g (5.3 oz) frozen peas
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp water
- Puff pastry sheets
- Egg, beaten
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, parsley, white wine, and chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste.
- Stir the cornstarch paste into the sauce along with the cream and frozen peas.
- Cook for 30 minutes on high or until thickened.
- Season to taste.
- Add the chicken pot pie filling into greased large ramekins and cover with puff pastry. Brush lightly with an egg wash.
- Bake in an oven at 200°C (390°F) or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The pie filling is great without any pastry, so step seven and onwards is optional.
- You can use a large pie dish rather than small ramekins. I prefer to do individual pies, but one giant pie is much easier.
- Some pre-prepared buttermilk biscuits can be used instead of the puff pastry. Unfortunately, these may be hard to get your hands on in some countries.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!