Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time: 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 2 l (2.1 qt) chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 170 g (6 oz) egg noodles or pasta, par-cooked
- Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker except for the parsley and noodles.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Skim the foam and fat off the top of the liquid. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Remove the chicken and shred using two forks.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker along with the egg noodles and parsley.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until the egg noodles are fully cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Typically for this soup, I will use boneless chicken as it is much easier to shred. However, for a bit more flavor, I highly recommend using chicken drumsticks or something similar. Make sure you remove the bones at step four.
- The cooking time will heavily depend on the noodle or pasta you use. If you want to reduce the chances of some undercooked noodles, simply parboil before adding it to the slow cooker.
- To make this soup gluten-free, simply replace the egg noodles with some gluten-free linguine pasta.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!