Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken breasts
- 4 shallots, diced
- 500 g (1.1 lb) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, shallots, mushrooms, marsala wine, oregano, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Mix into the slow cooker along with the cream.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The cream can be left out of this recipe if you are trying to keep this dish as healthy as possible. However, the cream really does help add a ton of depth and flavor to this dish.
- If the sauce is still a little too runny for your liking, then add some more cornstarch. Just make sure you mix it with some water before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Heavy cream is also known as whipping cream in the United Kingdom or thickened cream in Australia.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!