Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 red or green bell peppers, sliced
- 500g (1 lb) chicken thighs
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 packet Fajita mix (30g/1 oz.)
- Baby spinach
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken thighs and sprinkle ½ the fajita mix on top.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell peppers, salsa, lime juice and the rest of the fajita mix.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and then mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can easily swap the chicken thigh out for breast. Both types of meat will work just fine.
- Much like taco seasoning, you can also make a fajita mix right at home.
- You don’t have to use fresh lime juice, if you’re using it out of a bottle you will need about 2 Tbsp. of juice.
- You can use any type of salsa in this recipe. Personally, I prefer a spicier salsa but keep in mind that the fajita spice mix will also add a bit of heat to the dish.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!