Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 250 g (8.8 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp oregano, chopped
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) chicken stock
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- In a slow cooker, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, Dijon mustard, oregano, and chicken stock. Next, add the chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Stir the cornstarch mixture and the cream into the liquid in the slow cooker. Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Switch the slow cooker to high and cook for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- The chicken breasts can be replaced with a different cut of chicken, such as chicken thighs.
- Wholegrain mustard is a suitable replacement for the Dijon mustard.
- To cook this dish faster, switch the slow cooker to high and reduce the cooking time by half.
- I recommend using oregano, but other herbs will also work nicely in this dish. For example, tarragon is an excellent match for a creamy sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!