Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken and Corn Soup Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chicken thigh
- 100g (3.5 oz) ham, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- 420g (15 oz) creamed corn
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 l (2 qt) chicken stock
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
To ensure that this soup is gluten-free, make sure you use gluten-free cornstarch.
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, ham, scallions, ginger, creamed corn, sesame oil, and chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the water. Pour slowly into the soup while continually stirring.
- In another bowl, mix the cornstarch and water until it is smooth. Pour into the soup and stir.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Add the parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The chicken thigh can be swapped for chicken breast instead. Other chicken cuts such as drumsticks will work fine too. Just make sure you increase the weight as you will need to compensate for the bone.
- More vegetables can always be added to this recipe. For example, you can add some more corn or even some bell pepper. I recommend not altering the recipe for the best result.
- Scallions can be swapped for other types of onion such as shallots.
- If you need this soup fast, simply turn the slow cooker to high and reduce the cooking time by half.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!