Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time 6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 750g (1.6 lb) chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, quartered
- 3 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 250ml (8.5 fl oz) chicken stock
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 500g (17.5 oz) broccoli florets, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, chicken stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce, and sesame oil.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the broccoli.
- Cook on high for roughly 30 minutes or until thickened and the broccoli is hot.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Make sure the broccoli goes in towards the end as it will quickly overcook. The recommended thirty minutes should be long enough.
- Fresh or frozen broccoli will both work great, so use whatever is available to use. If you frozen broccoli, make sure you defrost it first.
- Oyster sauce can be replaced with hoisin sauce.
- Sesame seeds are an excellent garnish.
- Double-check the ingredients on the soy sauce and oyster sauce to ensure this dish ends up gluten-free. Both of these ingredients have gluten-free variations available.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!