Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 40 Minutes
- Total time 8 Hours & 55 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 500g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 750ml (25 fl oz) beef stock
- 250g (9 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 300g (10.5 oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 125ml (4.2 fl oz) cream
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, double-check that you're using gluten-free cornstarch.
- In a frypan over high heat, add the ground beef and cook until browned. Once browned, drain the excess fluid and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Next, add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, potato, parsley, Dijon mustard, and beef stock to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and add the cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Next, mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Pour this into the slow cooker along with the cream.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until the soup is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Browning the beef isn’t hugely important, but it helps reduce the amount of fatty liquid in your soup.
- The cheese can easily be replaced with something else. For example, a lot of people like to use Velveeta cheese rather than cheddar.
- I recommend slightly warming the cheese and cream before adding it to the slow cooker. Doing this will help the slow cooker keep its heat so you will have your soup sooner rather than later.
- Ground beef is also known as beef mince or hamburger. The naming can vary heavily from country to country.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!