Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Cheese and Bacon Dip Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 2 Hours
- Total time 2 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 250g (9 oz) cream cheese
- 250g (9 oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 250ml (8.7 fl oz) cream
- 30g (1 oz) French onion soup mix
- 200g (7 oz) crispy bacon, diced
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
To ensure that this is gluten-free check the ingredients of the French onion soup mix.
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2 hours and stir every 30 minutes for the best results.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You don’t have to add the French onion soup mix, but I do find that it adds a lot more flavor. The same can also be said about the parsley.
- The cream can be replaced with some sour cream instead. Both will work just as well.
- You may find that this dip will produce a fair bit of oil. Simply skim it off the top as it cooks.
- Changing the cheddar cheese is a great way to alter the flavor of this dip quickly.
- I highly recommend that you ensure the bacon is crispy before adding it to the slow cooker. Also, try to ensure there is little to no oil left on the bacon. Patting it down is great for removing excess oil.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!