Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time 6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 750g (1.6 lb) broccoli florets, chopped
- 1L (1 qt) chicken stock
- 250ml (8.5 fl oz) cream
- 120g (4.2 oz) cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add the onion, garlic, broccoli, and chicken stock to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Blitz the soup until smooth.
- Mix in the cream cheese, and the cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- Gently pour in the cream and stir until combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can also make broccoli cheese soup over the stove if you’re running low on time. I prefer using the slow cooker as it tastes so much better.
- Both fresh and frozen broccoli will work fine in this soup. If it’s available fresh at a reasonable price, then I recommend using that.
- The chicken stock can be swapped for something else, such as vegetable stock or water.
- You can leave this soup chunky, but you may need to thicken it slightly using some cornstarch.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!