Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Tacos Recipe
- Prep time15 Minutes
- Cook time:8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time8 Hours & 45 Minutes
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chuck beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 chili, sliced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tsp lime juice
- In a frypan over high heat, quickly brown all sides of the beef.
- Once browned, put to the side.
- In a slow cooker, add the onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, ground coriander, oregano, tomato paste, chili, and beef stock. Stir to combine.
- Add the beef and baste it with the liquid.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the beef from slow cooker and shred using two forks.
- Return the beef to the slow cooker and add the lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until the beef mixture is hot.
- Assemble the tacos to your liking.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- To make this recipe super easy you can replace all the spices with a packet of taco seasoning instead. Alternatively, you can make taco seasoning at home.
- If you need to feed a hungry crowd, then simply double or triple this recipe. You may need to cut the beef into several pieces.
- The lime can be left out of the recipe if you don't have any or would rather not add it.
- You can replace the beef stock for a tomato salsa instead. It will be a very different mixture but even tastier.
- The browning of the beef is entirely optional and can be skipped if you’re low on time or don’t feel like making more dishes to wash up. This dish will still be delicious either way.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!