Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 750 g (1.7 lb) chuck beef
- 30 g (1.1 oz) Fajita seasoning
- 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) salsa
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the onion and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Next, add the beef and coat in the fajita spice mixture.
- Pour the salsa, bell peppers, and lime over the top of the meat.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the steak and shred it. Return it to the slow cooker.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can make fajita seasoning at home with just a few simple ingredients. Homemade is perfect if you do not have any packet seasoning.
- Bottled lime juice is a great alternative to fresh lime. Simply use two tablespoons of lime juice if you do not have fresh juice.
- Switch the slow cooker to the high setting to reduce the cooking time by half. Three to four hours should be long enough.
- You can dice the meat before adding it to the slow cooker. If you do this, you will not need to shred the meat, and it will cook faster.
- The nutritional information below does not include any extras that you might have with the beef fajita mix. The tortillas, lettuce, sour cream, and cheese will need to be added to the values below.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!