Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 kg (2 lb) chuck Beef or similar, cubed
- 6 rashers bacon, diced
- 5 shallots, peeled & halved
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 300g (10.5 oz.) mushrooms
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, diced
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- Firstly, fry the bacon in a frypan over medium heat until it’s crispy. Once it is crispy, put to the side.
- Next sear the beef over high heat.
- Once the beef is browned, remove from the pan and add the red wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan as the wine simmers, this is called deglazing. After 2-3 minutes transfer the red wine to a slow cooker.
- Add the beef to the slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients, mix together.
- Cook on low for 8-12 hours.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You don’t have to seal the beef in the frypan, but I highly recommend doing it if you have the time.
- By deglazing the pan with the red wine, you help get even more flavor into the dish while reducing the acidity of the wine.
- This recipe can be bulked out by adding some potatoes. If you have large potatoes, make sure you cut them into quarters. If you leave them whole, they might not cook entirely and be both hard to eat and not very appetizing.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!