Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time: 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chuck beef, cubed
- 6 rashers bacon, diced
- 5 shallots, peeled & halved
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 300 g (10.6 oz) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, diced
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- Firstly, fry the bacon in a frypan over medium heat until it is crispy. Once it is crispy, put it to the side.
- Next, sear the beef over high heat.
- Once the beef is browned, remove from the pan and add the red wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan as the wine simmers, this is called deglazing. After 2-3 minutes, transfer the red wine to a slow cooker.
- Add the beef to the slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients, mix together.
- Cook on low for 8-12 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You do not have to seal the beef in the frypan, but I highly recommend doing it if you have the time.
- By deglazing the pan with the red wine, you help get even more flavor into the dish while reducing the acidity of the wine.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!