Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef and Guinness Pie Recipe
- Prep time 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time 8 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves 6
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chuck steak, cubed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 400ml (13.5 fl oz) Guinness
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Add the beef and gently toss.
- In a frypan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp oil. Once hot, add the beef and cook until browned. Approximately 5 minutes.
- In the slow cooker, add the beef, onion, garlic, carrot, Guinness, bay leaves, and beef stock.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Add the pie filling to prepared pie tins. Cover with puff pastry, and lightly brush with an egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (390°F) for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- There is a lot of changes that you can make to this pie recipe. For example, pieces of bacon or even potato will go great in the pie filling. It is entirely up to you, but keep in mind that some changes might radically change the outcome of the dish.
- You may need to thicken this filling further. To thicken, mix one tablespoon of cornstarch with two tablespoons of water. Once combined, pour and mix into the pie filling.
- The longer you cook this dish, the more tender the meat will be. If you cook it for long enough, the beef will fall to bits. Some people desire this texture, but you may not like it.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!