Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Baked Beans Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 800g (2 lbs.) navy beans or cannellini beans (dried or canned)
- 500g (1 lb.) bacon or pork, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. honey or molasses
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 800g (28 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- Firstly, in a frypan over high heat, fry the bacon until crispy.
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker and mix together.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you’re using dried beans soak them in water for about 8 hours before draining and adding them to the slow cooker. Alternatively, you can add them in dried to the slow cooker, but you will add 4-8 more hours onto the cooking time.
- The beans come out to have quite a bit of sweetness to them. If you’re not a fan of your beans being sweet, then I highly recommend that you half the amount of sugars in this dish.
- You can make these beans vegetarian by simply leaving out the bacon. You will lose a bit of flavor but it’s perfect for anyone who is on a vegetarian diet.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!