Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 400ml (13.5 fl oz) apricot nectar
- 400g (14 oz) apricot halves
- ½ tsp parsley
- ½ tsp thyme
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, make use of a gluten-free cornstarch.
- In a slow cooker, add the onion, garlic, apricot nectar, apricot halves, parsley, and thyme. Mix slightly to combine.
- Next, add the chicken, and make sure it's covered in the apricot sauce.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Pour into the slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for a further 30 minutes or until hot and thick.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The cut of chicken you use is totally up to you. For the best results, I recommend you use chicken thigh, but you can use chicken breasts, drumsticks, wings, or basically any cut you want.
- If you absolutely love apricots, then feel free to add some dried apricots as well. Half a cup of dried apricots will be more than enough to add a bit more depth to the dish.
- Apricot nectar can be swapped for an apricot preserve. It will be much sweeter and thicker, but depending on your taste buds, this might be better suited for you.
- You can cook this recipe on the high setting for three hours instead of six hours on low. However, I highly recommend sticking to cooking low and slow.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!