Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Applesauce Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 18
- 2 kg (4.4 lb) apples, cored, peeled, and cubed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours
- Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients until you get the consistency you want. You can skip this if you prefer chunky applesauce.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- To store the applesauce in the cupboard, you will need to seal it in a jar correctly first. This handy guide will take you through the steps to correctly store the sauce in a jar so that it is sterilized. If done correctly, the sauce will last a lot longer and can be stored in the fridge or cupboard.
- You do not have to peel the apples. The most significant difference is the texture as you will have bits of apple skin in your sauce.
- If you prefer things to be more on the sweet side, simply increase the amount of sugar to half a cup. You can probably go up to a cup, but to be safe, I would stay at half a cup. On the flip side, you can just leave the sugar out altogether.
- Do not puree the apples if you want chunky slow cooker applesauce.
- Reduce the time by half and turn the slow cooker to high if you need to cook this faster.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!