Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Apple Sauce Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 18
- 2kg apples (4 pounds), cored, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients until you get the consistency you want. You’re able to skip this if you prefer a chunky apple sauce.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can preserve the apple sauce so you can store it in the cupboard, but this requires a fair few extra steps. This handy guide will take you through the steps to correctly storing the sauce in a jar, so it’s sterilized. If done correctly the sauce will last a lot longer and can be stored either in the fridge or cupboard.
- You don’t have to peel the apples if you don’t want to. The biggest difference is the texture which may or may not bother you.
- If you prefer things to be more on the sweet side, then simply increase the amount of sugar to half a cup. You can probably go all the way up to cup but to be safe, I would stay at half a cup. On the flipside, you can just leave the sugar out completely.
- Don’t blitz the apples if you want a chunky slow cooker apple sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!