Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Apple & Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
- Prep time: 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves: 6-8
- 6 cups apples, cored, cut into chunks
- 6 cups rhubarb, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 200 g (7.1 oz) plain flour
- 150 g (5.3 oz) unsalted butter, cubed
- 110 g (3.9 oz) brown sugar
- 130 g (4.6 oz) rolled oats
- 1 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- First, in a bowl, add all the topping ingredients and mix until it resembles large breadcrumbs.
- In a slow cooker, add the apples, rhubarb, lemon juice, and mix.
- Add the topping to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or until the rhubarb is cooked and the apples are tender.
- Move the lid so there is a gap for steam to escape for the last hour of cooking so the topping will harden/crisp up.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Turning this up to high heat will have this tasty slow cooker dessert cooked within two hours. Just make sure you move the lid slightly, so you get the crunchy topping.
- For the best results, I recommend using a baking apple, but you can use any type of apple you like. It may end up quite gooey but still packed full of flavor.
- Some nuts can be added to the topping if you’re looking for some extra crunch. For example, chopped walnuts, or pecans will work incredibly well mixed into the topping.
- If the crumble feels too buttery, then simply add some more flour. You want to get a crumble that's not too dry but not too wet.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!